Crowfall. What you need to know!

Discussion in 'Crowfall Public Chat' started by Kyoji, Feb 26, 2015.

1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Don't worry, Star Citizen will be launching in 2050.

decoyninja and Mishka like this.
  2. Lady Eyr
    Veteran Crowfall Member

So I am very interested in this game and cannot wait for it to come out. Going to get a package that allows Alpha 1 access, just not sure which one I want yet. I hope a lot of people become more interested in it as it gets closer to release.

3. XStunnaX
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Supervisor TWC NOC
    I will be getting the Alpha access 2 package once I hear good things from the 1st one.

4. LilithX
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Got Alpha Access 2

5. Delrakin
    Member Crowfall Member

Project Analyst
    I am in for Alpha 2

6. LilithX
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Just got an e-mail on this. FREE GUILD HALLS for Amber Package ($250) and above.

7. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Is there going to be a group donation before launch to get a good package for as much guild perks as we can?

8. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

We could, but I didn't see anything in there donation area that would make a massive difference. It would be cool to have a medium castle ($1,000), but it would require about $700 from donations. The $500 pack some may already have so I don't see anything else being viable or having a point.

9. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Isn't it all just visual stuff anyways for the Eternal Kingdoms? Just fluff?

10. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Yeah, I was looking at the same package as something that would be cool for the guild to have. It's mostly for show, but really it still creates an environment and feel that the guild is a top level guild right from the start

11. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    HOLY COW,

(tosses book of crowfall at Personalriot) You serious? The EKs, are going to be quite useful actually. During the campaigns the resources that you put in stock to save. WITH THAT BEING SAID, those resources that you "save" will but put to use building, buying NPCs, and making more land for the guild to build on and grow with.

How will this effect us? Well, the NPC crafters need work, and if we have a really big and really COOL EK, stocked full of everything. Means more traffic that may come in that will allow our NPC to get points that can make bigger and better armor. Just to put one thing down.

Now some of the campaign zones do not allow us to take in the gear from the EKs, but some of the items like from my understanding, lets say SUPER PICKAX OF GOD that our level 100 NPC crafter makes for us. Will be able to go into the campaigns with us.

So with that being said Powerful EK that gets tons of traffic = more stuff = more stuff we may be able to take with us = winning more = being badass = XOO.

Just saying...

12. Kyoji

@Matt Lewis that is a pretty good informational piece. Would you be willing to write out something more detailed describing why we should have people donate for a larger package? I wouldn't mind throwing another $100-$150 into the mix if others wanted to pitch in to get a high tier package.

13. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Do you got a reference for that? I am pretty sure the only resources you can take into a campaign is your character (+/- traits, skill items, etc) and that armour/weapons are going to be easily replaced/lost. Similar to EvE Online but at a least % tiering since Pirate Faction/Etc item won't exist. The idea that each campaign is something that you start fresh otherwise it quickly devolves into stalemates or one side dominating for an extended period of time. Taking in powerful weapons or gear from the EK would negate that whole foundational principal.

The vibe I got from it was the EK was primary for a resource dump after a campaign has ended. A separate instance similar to a garrison from WoW for example.

Of course, the game isn't even in alpha so anything and everything could change.

Last but not least,

Why would you want to pay $ to have guild asset already built? Rather than be a strong guild to build asset from gameplay and members returning resources to your guild's EK. Why would you ever want to pay additional real life dollars for a feature that hasn't even finished basic design? Basic pledges for this game are great and whatnot. Gameplay access, little statue perks and whatnot, but it would be insane to think they would sell anything substantial that alters game balance for additional funding.

14. Kyoji

It depends on the campaign type. Some prevent you from taking anything and you can lose equipped armor, while others allow you to take things in and only have inventory drop.

But as far as whether it is worth the extra dough or not is not yet clear - for me anyway.

15. Kyoji

On another note. I would like to see us get a Sapphire bundle so we can reserve our guild name. I may ask for some donations at some point like I did with Archeage to get to that level for that specific reward + the castle.

16. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I think this at least would be a fair enough guild level package to get. Also, I've read that the way the EK can work is you can parcel out land on the EK to other people and set permissions to varying levels (public, private, guild, friends). On top of this the land you parcel out they can build what they want on it (you still have ultimate control as it's your EK). Greatest idea for use would be to parcel out the lands to shop owners/crafters and have a big public market place. The benefits would be equipment availability but even more beneficial is that as the owner of the EK you get a percentage of all transactions in your EK. Meaning the better looking, most organized and impressive EK could potentially be a hot spot for a thriving marketplace since there will be no AH and a guild can take advantage of the income that could bring in

17. Lady Eyr
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I do have the Sapphire bundle already, and am more than willing to work with the guild on making a bad ass EK. It's what initially drew me to Crowfall in the first place.

18. izPanda
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Accountant
    I, like lady, have the sapphire bundle. I am more then willing to help out the guild with resources and I'll be playing in Alpha 1 ALOT as well.

19. Xeno
    Veteran Crowfall Member

i only have an Amber pledge and am stuck with it sadly...due to an impulsive click having already consumed it long ago..
    BUT majority of items are individually giftable!

*here's a long list ^^*

[​IMG]

20. Haedien
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I have the Kickstarter gold package (got the early bird version, holla)